- 6.5g KNO3 and 3.5g LiNO3 mixed in a beaker
- Heated on lab hot plate with temperature sensor till a temperature of 130 °C was reached
- 0.5g candle wax added for impregnation (hygroscopy). Interestingly the wax dissolves completely in the molten salt bath, but a wax with a melting point of 110-120 °C would be better.
- Slowly 6g sorbitol to molten salt bath added, stirred till sorbitol was completely molten and dissolved
- Poured on a coated baking paper, strand formed (latex gloves!)
Hot plate with temperture sensor and thermostat:
Strand burn test: