Seiten

2011-08-25

RoverX



This is a lunar rover study I have done for the Google Lunar X Prize. RoverX is a so called wheg robot. I was inspired by the work of the Case Biorobotics Lab. I started with some sketchup drafts before I built the robot, using 2mm and 1.5mm aluminum sheet.

The wheel legs are from VEX. I've added 6mm wheel hubs to connect the wheels with the 4 gearde motors (cytron-12v-12rpm-166oz-in-spur-gearmotor).The motor driver is a Sabertooth 2x25, controlled by simplified serial.

Arm under construction:

The main board and the robot arm control board:

The PIC12F683 monitors the voltages of the two Li-Po batteries. If the voltages drop under a certain limit, a buzzer starts to sound:

Remote control, using cheap 433 MHz transmitter module:

RoverX with LADAR:

Some videos of the rover:









Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen